Our client’s Enterprise Core Services Technology team is looking for a highly experienced senior Data Technology Manager to drive our APP strategy for unstructured data and manage teams to deliver significant business value.
This will be a hands-on big data technology leader to build a framework to enable the creation of Data Lake Authorized Provisioning Points (APPs) consistent with the Data Blueprint.
The incumbent will also manage development teams using big data environments (Hadoop, Spark, Elastic Search), big data tools (H2O, Waterline, Ab-Initio, Talend, Collibra) and BI tools (Tableau, CliqView, Splunk, Microstrategy).
This role will partner with the Data Lake group to use their services. The leader will collaborate and partner with enterprise solution architects and relationship management support staff.
This role will provide strategic thought leadership and measurable outcomes in data strategy and insight including data ingestion, data distribution, data governance, business intelligence and business analytics.
This role needs to be an evangelist for Data Lake APPs, consistent standards, best practices and frameworks.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage vendors and relationships with key business and technology stakeholders
- Work directly with the Data Lake Technology Group
- Manage and lead development teams and support software development life cycle
- Develop and implement Big Data strategic roadmap for moving the platform forward in a controlled and cost effective way
- Work with other Enterprise teams to ensure that Big Data teams are leveraging enterprise-wide assets
- Ensure infrastructure, processes and procedures meets information security and operational risk requirements
Partner with direct and indirect technology line leaders in long range strategic planning and ensuring integration with enterprise wide technology strategy. This includes experience and the ability to balance all the different considerations and sensitivities with partners and influence positive strategic direction
Establish frameworks to implement APPs in the Data Lake, develop a strategy and gain consensus across key technical leadership through effective communication. Drive the vision to closure through the effective management of goals and objectives.
- 12+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of management experience in technology
- 10 + years of experience creating and implementing strategic plans and roadmaps at the executive level for enterprise wide business initiatives
- 9 + years of experience supporting or designing high priority enterprise technology solutions
- 5+ years of vendor management experience
- 5+ years of Big Data experience
- 5+ years of relationship management experience with business and technology partners
- 8+ years of data management experience
- 4+ years of budget management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher