This leader will be responsible for creating the leading end-to-end digital banking platform for commercial clients in partnership with Digital Innovation, Client Experience, Product Management, Technology and Global Ecosystem teams. The person’s primary role will be to define and deliver an aggressive digital transformation of the firm’s Online / CCB products platforms, execute on our Client Led Innovation roadmap and lead the integration of our platforms into other relevant digital assets and external ecosystems.
The successful candidate for this high impact role requires knowledge of commercial/corporate client’s cash management and banking needs, expertise in building and shaping online / digital strategies for banks leveraging modern UI/UX principles and working in an agile framework. The individual will provide leadership and expertise in defining the scope and vision of the CCB platforms and work with internal and external partners to deliver our reimagined client facing platform.
The successful candidate will report to the Cash Management & Trade Product Head. He / she will lead a team of Digital Platform Product Developers and Digital Platform Product Managers. The individual will be a manager of managers.
- Define the overall vision for Online/ CCB products platform in partnership with the Digital Product Innovation, Client Experience, Sales and Product Heads and clients.
- Regularly engage regional and global seniors and cross functional partners to align on strategic initiatives, execution approach and provide key progress and business updates.
- Lead team of seasoned Digital Product Developers who will execute on an aggressive Client Led Innovation roadmap in partnership with Technology and Product SMEs: helping translate client user stories into technical requirements, participating in agile / waterfall project meetings, validating prototypes with clients, testing development, coordinating relevant cross functional approvals and overseeing client pilots and launch.
- Lead a team of Digital Platform Product Managers responsible for commercializing and overseeing US CCB Cash & Trade digital platforms
- including analyzing pricing strategy, creating digital sales tools, presenting at key conferences and managing product risk and controls activities.
- Continuously enhance Online / CCB digital platforms with client value added assets, innovative solutions, connectivity channels and client experience improvements.
- Work closely with other Global Consumer Bank (GCB), Institutional Clients Group (ICG) and Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) to leverage best practices, maximize a holistic Citi offering and avoid duplication.
Key Skills Include
- Sets business plans, strategic goals for self, team, and partners with them to define a vision for the unit / area
- Experience in shaping and delivering digital transformations in an agile framework by applying Design Thinking principles and leveraging prototyping tools
- Open to risk taking by challenging the status quo and actively encouraging others to be bold – rewarding both successes and test / learn examples
- Inspires enthusiasm, empowers the organization and mobilizes colleagues, team, seniors and cross functional partners for innovative change
- Maintains high level of credibility with key stakeholders both, internal and external and holds self and others accountable for working in an inclusive way
- Works effectively in a matrix organization and creates strong partnerships
- Expresses ideas in an articulate, organized and confident manner and demonstrates advanced influencing and negotiating skills
- Exemplifies global leadership by adapting and relating to diverse audiences to collaborate and work effectively
- Conducts rigorous analysis and is able to synthesize complex and multiple source data into fact-based and nuanced solutions
- Analytical and conceptual thinker with ability to thrive in “white space”
- Demonstrates high ethical standards and forward compatibility: adaptable, bold, curious, collaborative, determined and empathetic
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of team’s tactical execution and ensures quality results
- Technologically strong and design savvy with a passion for client experience and innovation
- Minimum of 12-15 years of management experience in Banking / FinTech, Cash Management, Consulting
- Having developed and transformed digital platforms will be a definitive advantage
- In-depth knowledge of financial services, commercial cash management and payments industry
- Successful track record in executing transformations and key strategic projects
- Prior P&L management experience, strong financial acumen and the ability to think strategically
- Experience leading cross functional teams through a clear and consistent line of sight regarding critical work activities
- Experience managing seasoned teams and managers
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred