Senior ALGO Developer / Engineer to be a part of the electronic trading development team building out its next generation, cross asset platform.
This individual will be a senior systems engineer and technical expert in the development of very highly sophisticated and complex trading applications for a major functional and/or product area within the securities businesses. They will analyze highly complex business requirements. Write functional documents and design technical specifications. Design and/or redesign existing complex computer platforms and applications.
Maintain full project life-cycle tasks, such as business and technical analysis, designing, coding, testing, and implementation plans. Maintain all system diagrams, system interface charts and any other compliance policy and procedure documents. Work closely with quality assurance on the preparation of test cases. Coordinate implementation activities across a broad range of functions and departments work with client groups to identify, arrange, and/or deliver training needs.
• 5+ years of Java experience
• 5+ years of equities trading experience
• 5+ years of algorithmic/electronic-trading development experience
• 3+ years of Low Latency systems development or implementation experience
• 3+ years of multicast messaging framework development experience
• 5+ years of multi-threading experience
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of cash equities products
• Advanced experience in capital markets business and processes
• Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling
Other Desired Qualifications
• Strong knowledge of JDK 1.8+ programming paradigms
• Strong knowledge of multi-core / multi-threading concepts and paradigms
• Strong knowledge of UNIX/LINUX
• Strong knowledge of core computer science design concepts, algorithms, and data structures
• Experience in low-latency/real-time development and optimization.
• Low-latency JAVA experience (GC tuning, etc.)
• Working Knowledge in equities market data
• Working knowledge of quantitative modeling
• Extensive experience in the capital markets business and processes, e.g., pricing of derivatives, trade lifecycle, electronic trading/algorithmic trading
• Working knowledge of data analytics tools required to build and regression test models using python