Seeking qualified candidates for a Software Development Manager position within iSeries Development group. The Software Development Manager will plan, control, and organize programming resources to complete ongoing and special projects.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Manage all programming activity for an assigned task/project
- Measure variances of actual to plan
- Assign programming personnel to tasks/projects
- Publish programming schedule(s)
- Participate in resource planning
- Participate in setting project priorities
The ability to act independently while recognizing and eliminating errors is critical.
Candidates with proven abilities in monitoring programming/project status, implementation of corrective actions, development and monitoring of application standards, and ensure deliverables meet performance criteria are preferred.
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, or Related field
- Relevant experience in team management and programming/project management
- 5 years of iSeries experience
- 2-3 years managing in a software development environment
- Understanding of iSeries, COBOL, SQL